1. Don’t worry about me breaking down, I’ll give you a fair warning with enough time to pull over, but not enough time to drive to the auto shop.
2. A little scratch or a few scratches don’t change my purpose in life. I’ll still take you to all the places you want to go.
3. Take care of the parts of me that matter and I’ll stick with you to the end.
4. If I don’t start, it doesn’t mean I’m leaving you forever.
5. Let go and just drive; enjoy it. Don’t get caught up on all the sounds that I make, I’m old after all.
6. I am proud to have seen you grow into a 35 year old woman. From college to career, it has been an honor listening to you sing at the top of your lungs, freezing our asses off when we couldn’t afford to fix the heater, letting you cry through a breakup or two, cabbing your friends around…I am content and proud of us–you and me–car besties.
7. Take in the sunsets and sunrises that we drive toward; open your eyes and memorize the clouds, the sky, the moon, the stars.
8. Embrace all my faults and love me for them: from missing hubcaps to the one working speaker.
9. Be fearless like me on snowy streets.
10. I promise you there will be times when I break down; I promise you there will be times when you consider purchasing other cars, but I also promise you that if you stick with me, we will have the ride of a lifetime.